- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Since Ron Glozman founded Chisel AI in 2016 (see his full story here) we’ve evolved to be the machine learning leader in the insurance industry. Our software reads insurance forms and extracts key policy data hundreds of times faster than a human. Our advanced AI platform and intelligent workflows automate high volume, repetitive manual underwriting and brokering processes, enabling insurance carriers and brokers to double their business, reduce operating costs, and deliver a better digital customer experience without adding staff. Our customers include some of the world’s largest commercial lines insurance carriers and brokers.
When you join a software startup, it’s important to consider the stage they are at, and how your career will develop alongside it’s growth and development.
At Chisel AI, we have proven our market need, and we are positioned to capitalize on our momentum. As we accelerate our product development, we are adding Software Developers to our growing Engineering team. You will be a fundamental part of pioneering AI technology to help computers read and summarize complex documents to enhance a key global industry. Our modern SaaS platform uses the latest advances in ML and NLP to extract key information from documents so that our world can automate tedious, mind-numbing tasks and focus on high-value initiatives that require our knowledge and judgment.
Our Tech Stack:
We deploy on AWS, and we build in Python and React. But that’s only part of the story. As a scaling young company, our toolkit evolves to meet demands and push boundaries. Your skills will grow in parallel, and your voice will be heard as you help us make future choices to shape the technology environment here.
What’s in it for you
This is an opportunity to break into AI. It's a chance to apply your technical capabilities and innovation to build engineering pipelines that help our machine learning scientists build better models; and using modern web service, application logic, and UX development that enable those models to deliver large-scale value to our customers.
You will grow here, gaining insights into the nuances and detailed decision-making it takes to develop a globally scaling product in an environment where opportunities for leadership have no limits.
As our next Software Developer, you will be a critical player in our present and our future. Everything we do is focused on impacting our customers. The work you produce is in direct correlation with how the product drives success for the end customer. With a seasoned leadership team, you will be supported through mentorship and hands-on learning that’s focused on getting you where you want to be.
Our new Software Developer will:
- Learn. You will apply deep computer science concepts daily and work closely with our teams to better understand and deliver our AI and data management, and access capabilities.
- Build. You will build the core AI capabilities and wrappers that deliver an innovative, scalable, and reliable product solution that our team is proud to own.
- Grow. You will expand your hands-on skills as well as your understanding of solving real-world problems. You will be part of taking a product to market and iterating rapidly to become a leader. You will continuously face complex technical challenges and collaborate to solve them, pushing yourself to the next level of your career.
Our new Software Developer has:
- The ability. You have acquired the requisite skills (through education or otherwise) to build great software products. You want to gain exposure to shipping products that are used on a large scale.
- The experience. You bring a minimum of 5 years of experience developing SaaS software products using an object-oriented language, which is in production with tens to hundreds of thousands of users. You combine this experience with a strong willingness to dive in to figure out the right approaches quickly, whether they be based in science or technology.
- The potential. You have the growth mindset and adaptability to learn and apply that knowledge to your work. You want to expand your technical expertise across our full stack from Python, React, and SQL to working with the Machine Learning Scientists towards our common goals.
- The curiosity. You have resourcefulness that leads you to build new skills that you will be proud of. You have a willingness to dive in and figure out the right approaches quickly, failing fast, asking for help, and pivoting your tactic.
So what do you need to know about Chisel AI?
We are technology enthusiasts and experts pushing the limits on how AI will shape the future of insurance. Having successfully raised one of the largest seed rounds in Canadian history and with partners like Venrock, a leading Silicon Valley venture firm, by our side very little stands in the way of our success.
Venture backed and well-funded, Chisel AI has been named as an "Analytics Arms Dealer" by Novarica, an IDC Innovator for Insurance Sales Automation Solutions, featured in CB Insights research on Insurtech Startups Modernizing the P&C Value Chain, and included in the recent Strategy Meets Action (SMA) report, “The Top 50 InsurTechs in P&C.”
Why join Chisel AI?
We’re a company with heavy traction, big clients, and a plan to expand rapidly. We’ve assembled a strong and diverse leadership team and are poised to scale and develop talented people of all levels. This is a place where failures turn into opportunities, where we learn from each other and where everyone’s voice is heard. We’re at a unique and rare stage of growth that will give our team and those who join us a chance to put their mark on everything we build.
We recognize and value the innovation and dedication of our people, promoting from within, listening to and implementing the best ideas, and fostering an environment of learning and creativity. We believe that to do your best work, you need to live your healthiest life. To that end, we are committed to providing you with:
- The option to choose where you work as we transition from remote to a flexible hybrid.
- Full family health benefits from Day 1 with a flexible Health Spending Account.
- Unlimited virtual mental health support through our benefits plan.
- Stock option vesting starting Day 1.
What you can expect when you apply to Chisel AI
We know that diversity and belonging makes for the best problem solving and creative thinking. Chisel AI is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We want to know what motivates you and we don’t believe that everyone follows the same career path. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team and encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.
Due to COVID-19, please expect changes to our standard recruitment process. In all instances, the safety of our team and our candidates is of our utmost concern so we will be conducting interviews virtually and online. We will keep you informed on these changes and ensure that you are prepared in advance with the necessary instructions to conduct the next steps in the recruitment process.