- Full Time
- Mid Level
At Chisel AI, we are technology enthusiasts and experts pushing the limits on how AI will shape our future by teaching computers to read and extract complex document information. Using the latest advances in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing, our advanced SaaS platform automates repetitive high-volume tasks that challenge a multi-billion industry. More importantly, our innovation creates time for people to do work they love by focussing on initiatives requiring experiential knowledge and judgment. This is a genuine opportunity to contribute to a team that makes AI technology accessible to mainstream companies on a global scale.
Right now, we're at a unique and rare stage of scale-up growth that will give our team and those who join us a chance to put their mark on everything we build. We have major traction, big clients, and a plan to expand rapidly. Our strong and diverse leadership team fosters an inclusive culture where: failures turn into opportunities, we learn from each other, people share what they have built, and we grow and develop an amazing company together. All without sacrificing who you are.
When you join a software startup, it’s important to consider the stage they are at, and how your career will develop alongside it’s growth and development.
At Chisel AI, we have proven our market need, and we are positioned to capitalize on our momentum. As we accelerate our product development, we are adding Software Developers to our growing Engineering team. You will be a fundamental part of pioneering AI technology to help computers read and summarize complex documents to enhance a key global industry. Our modern SaaS platform uses the latest advances in ML and NLP to extract key information from documents so that our world can automate tedious, mind-numbing tasks and focus on high-value initiatives that require our knowledge and judgment.
Our Tech Stack:
We deploy on AWS, and we build in Python and React. But that’s only part of the story. As a scaling young company, our toolkit evolves to meet demands and push boundaries. Your skills will grow in parallel, and your voice will be heard as you help us make future choices to shape the technology environment here.
What’s in it for you:
This is an opportunity to break into AI. It's a chance to apply your technical capabilities and innovation to build engineering pipelines that help our machine learning scientists build better models; and using modern web service, application logic, and UX development that enable those models to deliver large-scale value to our customers.
You will grow here, gaining insights into the nuances and detailed decision-making it takes to develop a globally scaling product in an environment where opportunities for leadership have no limits.
As our next Software Developer, you will be a critical player in our present and our future. Everything we do is focused on impacting our customers. The work you produce is in direct correlation with how the product drives success for the end customer. With a seasoned leadership team, you will be supported through mentorship and hands-on learning that’s focused on getting you where you want to be.
Our new Software Developer will:
- Learn. You will apply deep computer science concepts daily and work closely with our teams to better understand and deliver our AI and data management, and access capabilities.
- Build. You will build the core AI capabilities and wrappers that deliver an innovative, scalable, and reliable product solution that our team is proud to own.
- Grow. You will expand your hands-on skills as well as your understanding of solving real-world problems. You will be part of taking a product to market and iterating rapidly to become a leader. You will continuously face complex technical challenges and collaborate to solve them, pushing yourself to the next level of your career.
So, how do we know you are the new Software Developer? You have:
- The ability. You have acquired the requisite skills (through education or otherwise) to build great software products. You want to gain exposure to shipping products that are used on a large scale.
- The experience. You bring a minimum of 2 years of experience developing SaaS software products using an object-oriented language, which is in production with tens to hundreds of thousands of users. You combine this experience with a strong willingness to dive in to figure out the right approaches quickly, whether they be based in science or technology.
- The potential. You have the growth mindset and adaptability to learn and apply that knowledge to your work. You want to expand your technical expertise across our full stack from Python, React, and SQL to working with the Machine Learning Scientists towards our common goals.
- The curiosity. You have resourcefulness that leads you to build new skills that you will be proud of. You have a willingness to dive in and figure out the right approaches quickly, failing fast, asking for help, and pivoting your tactic.
What can you expect when you work with Chisel AI?
We know that inclusiveness and belonging make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. Every Chiseller (that's us!) is committed to creating and nurturing a welcoming, accessible, and growth-focused environment. To develop our team, each person here needs to feel valued and respected with opportunities to realize her/his/their potential, but not at the sacrifice of everything else.
This is us:
- Challenging Work. Bring your creative self. What we are doing has never been done before.
- Flexibility. Flexible work hours. Flexible work location. Office or home. Canada-wide. Choose what works best for you. It’s what you deliver that counts.
- Me Time. 4-weeks of vacation, with the expectation that you rest, enjoy your life, and experience true work-life balance. Flexible INT (“I need time”) Days because we all need time to take care of our everyday lives.
- Health & Wellbeing Support. Full family health benefits from Day 1 with a flexible Health Spending Account.
- Mental Health Support. Unlimited virtual mental health support and professional counselling. Enough said.
- Equity Ownership. Stock options that start vesting from Day 1. You have immediate stake in this growth.
- Visa Sponsorship. Bring what you know, from wherever you are.
What can you expect when you apply to Chisel AI?
We want to know what motivates YOU, and we don't believe that everyone follows the same career path. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team and encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for. Tell us your story, not just your experience and credentials.
Need accomodations? Just let us know. Chisel AI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations as required and will work with you to meet your needs.
COVID-19: The safety of our team, our candidates, and our community is of our utmost concern. We are conducting all interviews virtually and online. Should you meet with our team, you will receive a Candidate Guide to help you prepare and navigate through this to achieve a positive experience.